Wondering what to do in an emergency in Thurston County?
- First sign up for TC Alert. This local alert system only sends texts when there is something you need to know about in your area.
- Thurston County Emergency Management has a wealth of information about how to be prepared for an emergency.
- Get 2-weeks ready. It used to be recommended that citizens be ready to survive without aid for 3 days. Now, 2 weeks are recommended. But don't be overwhelmed. The "Prepare in a Year Pamphlet" in Supporting Documents breaks down monthly tasks over a year's time.
- Know the Hazards in your area.
- Map your neighborhood and know multiple escape routes.
- Have enough food and water to survive for 2 weeks.
- Put together an Emergency Kit.
- Know where your important documents are and store copies on the cloud.
- Make a contact list for friends and family that isn't stored in your phone. Have one contact person out of state.