While there are currently few affordable housing resources within the Tenino City Limits, there are many agencies within Thurston County dedicated to helping people find a nice place to live. Here are links to several such agencies:
- Section 8 Housing Listings Learn how to apply.
- Habitat for Humanity We’ve been building homes and hope in Thurston County since 1989
- Senior Living Help Find Assisted Living Facilities in Washington
- Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason, & Thurston Counties Health, Housing, Energy Assistance & Weatherization.
The links below lead to the most frequently requested service providers in the South Puget Sound area. Please see the comprehensive lists of service providers at the bottom of this page.
- Tenino Community Service Center - Food Bank Plus TCSC provides food to a growing number of families throughout the Tenino-Bucoda area.
- Family Support Center of South Sound Family Support Center seeks to build strong, healthy, safe, and hopeful families through five collaborative programs and multiple services, utilizing a “one-stop-shop” model. The Family Support Center diligently works to end family homelessness, poverty, and family violence through programs and services.
- Children's Advocacy Centers of Washington CAC’s mission is to promote and foster safety, healing and justice for children and families who are victims of abuse and neglect.
- Northwest Justice Project Legal Help.
- Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason and Thurston Counties Health, Housing, Energy Assistance & Weatherization.
- Family Education and Support Services offers a variety of resources to inspire healthy child development through the provision of quality family support services.
- Affordable Healthcare Learn about affordable healthcare options.
- Washington Health Plan Finder Apply for Apply Health
Mental Health and Addiction Resources
- The Crisis Clinic We provide compassionate support and resources to empower those in crisis every hour of every day. Teen/Youth Helpline 360-586-2777
- Bucoda Tenino Healthy Action Team (B-THAT) B-THAT supports Tenino and Bucoda youth to reduce underage drug and alcohol use through education, building relationships, and promoting positive healthy lifestyles.
- Parent's Guide to Fentanyl
- Protecting Children from Online Drug Dealers
Senior Services for South Sound seeks to improve the quality of life for people as they age so they can enjoy life to the fullest. With eight (8) nutritional sites and two (2) Senior Centers, Senior Services for South Sound provides senior with dozens of personal growth classes, health and wellbeing classes, new friends, and opportunities for making a difference.
In Tenino, Senior Services for South Sound provides a warm, nutritious meal at the Quarry House every Monday and Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. Every senior over 60 years of age is welcome to participate in Community Dining. Simply come to one of our locations and enjoy lunch! The suggested donation for a meal is $4 – $8. To find out what we're having this week, click one of the menu buttons above!
Senior Services for South Sound provides other meaningful services for our Senior Community. Please visit their website for more information.
"Aging in place" is a feature of modern life that is an option that has advantages and disadvantages. To help you consider if the option is right for you, please visit the "Paying for Senior Care" website.
In-Home care for Senior Citizens (and others with limited mobility) is available in Washington State. Please visit the "Caring.com" website for a comprehensive array of products and services available.
Free Home Energy Assessments
Puget Sound Energy offer an online Energy Assessment, a 3-step process to help you understand and control your home’s energy usage.
Puget Sound Energy also offers Assistance Programs.
GRuB Victory Garden Project
GRuB (Garden-Raised Bounty) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization working at the intersection of food, education, and health systems to grow healthy food, people, and communities. With roots in the land, they create opportunities for people to learn, lead, and thrive. Each spring, The Victory Garden Project partners with veterans, individuals, families and organizations to build backyard vegetable gardens. Periodically, they conduct events that help veterans and others cope with everyday life through gardening. If you represent a school, non-profit, or Tribe and you're interested in partnering with GRuB to build gardens at your facility, please visit the websites (embedded links, above).